Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/20 10:59:40 UTC

Sling + Dojo + Aptana

Hi all,

I plan to use Dojo with Sling. I'm just wondering if someone knows how to
configure correctly an Aptana project to use Sling with Dojo.

For example,  I don't want to add the Dojo files inside my Apatana project
because they are in the Dojo Sling bundle.
So, If you have some pointers & doc references, I will be very happy to
receive them :-)

Thanks,
Christophe

Re: Sling + Dojo + Aptana

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 14:27, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You just add a configuration for your desired resource tree location
> pointing at the matching location on your filesystem and you're done. I
> have used this functionality before to develop JSP scripts.
>
> Hope this helps.

ok I will try. Probably tomorrow.

Thanks
Christophe

Re: Sling + Dojo + Aptana

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christophe,

Christophe Lombart schrieb:
> Hi Felix,
>
> In fact, I would like to use Apatana because it contains a strong code
> assist & preview support.
>
> I'm front to a script reference issue in my html page because the dojo js
> are not in my aptana project. That causes some error in the Aptana editor.
>
> Here is a exemple of hml script which causes the error in the Aptana editor
> :
> <script src="/dojo/dojo.js" djConfig="parseOnLoad: true" >
>
> because /dojo is unknown from my project.
>
> Adding a reference to the Sling Dojo project in my Aptana project doesn't
> help.

Hmm, sorry, then I fear, that I am out of luck :-(

Hopefully there are other takers here ?

> My second issue is how to make preview from Aptana for Sling application
> (mainly based on scripts) ?
>
> I'm just wondering if the file system resource provider can help me. I don't
> know all details about that but following the issue SLING-583, it could be
> help. no ?

If you want to develop your scripts in your regular Eclipse/Aptana
project which happens to be located in your filesystem, the filesystem
resource provider may in fact help.

Re: Sling + Dojo + Aptana

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Felix,