Posted to dev@sqoop.apache.org by Subhash Sriram <su...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/09 20:33:11 UTC

Sqoop - Unknown Dataset URI error when importing into Hive as Parquet

Hi everyone,

I am trying to use Sqoop to import a table in as Parquet from MS SQL
server, and one error is driving me crazy! I am able to do a normal import
into Hive, but whenever I try to do it in Parquet, I get the following:

17/08/09 20:15:23 ERROR sqoop.Sqoop: Got exception running Sqoop:
org.kitesdk.data.DatasetNotFoundException: Unknown dataset URI:
hive:/db/t1. Check that JARs for hive datasets are on the classpath.

org.kitesdk.data.DatasetNotFoundException: Unknown dataset URI:
hive:/db/t1. Check that JARs for hive datasets are on the classpath.

I have searched & searched online, and most of the posts make it sound like
there is some JAR files missing from the classpath, but I tried to export
HADOOP_CLASSPATH to my hive/lib folder and to my sqoop/lib folder, but that
did not work. Is there a different variable I need to set?

The following environment variables are also set:

HIVE_HOME
HADOOP_HOME
HIVE_CONF_DIR

Here is the command I am trying to run:

$SQOOP_HOME/bin/sqoop import --hive-import --connect
"jdbc:sqlserver://<connection_string>" --username <user> --password <pw>
--table t1 --hive-database db --hive-table t1 --driver
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver -m 1 --hive-home
/local/apps/hive --as-parquetfile

Does anybody have any ideas for what I can do? I read something about
setting the log level for the Kite SDK to debug, but I'm honestly not sure
how to do that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you very much,
Subhash