Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Roland Whitehead <ro...@quru.com> on 2009/04/24 13:00:34 UTC

Which Forum plugin to use?

I have been asked to add forum capabilities to different pages - i.e.,
enable people to have discussions about the contents on any wiki page
where the forum is enabled (and only about that page and not about any
other forum topic).

Anyone care to suggest a forum plug-in that works for them in this way
before I start going through them one by one?

TIA

Roland
--
QURU Ltd, Somerset House, Strand, London, WC2R 1LA, United Kingdom

Re: Which Forum plugin to use?

Posted by Murray Altheim <mu...@altheim.com>.
Roland Whitehead wrote:
> I have been asked to add forum capabilities to different pages - i.e.,
> enable people to have discussions about the contents on any wiki page
> where the forum is enabled (and only about that page and not about any
> other forum topic).
>
> Anyone care to suggest a forum plug-in that works for them in this way
> before I start going through them one by one?

Roland,

I didn't realize there were any functional forum plugins. I'm actually
in the middle of writing an Ajax/web service-based chat plugin, but I
don't know if it will be possible to release it at this point (our
executive management have decided not to replace our recently-resigned
director so there isn't anybody to make such decisions, indefinitely).

If there are more than one, a list of forum plugins would be much
appreciated.

Murray

Murray Altheim <murray09 at altheim dot com>                       ===  = =

                                       -- The Blue Cliff Record