Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Robert Denton <ro...@headsprout.com> on 2007/03/27 16:47:26 UTC

Access.conf options

I am curious what the access/permissions options are for the users of
a repository (as opposed to the admin of the repo).

Right now we have an access.conf file that determines who can access
what but in order to change the permissions for a directory I need to
go into the file and change it and then restart the svn service so it
can becaome aware of the new access permissions. This seems unweildy.

What other options for permissions is available? Is there a way that
a non-admin of the repo can set permissions on their own folders and
files?  Thanks!

Robert

Re: Moving SVN to Linux

Posted by Hari Kodungallur <hk...@gmail.com>.
On 5/31/07, marc gonzalez-carnicer <ca...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
>
> points 1 & 2 are easy : just dump your
> repos, and create and load them on
> your new server
>
> can't provide much help on point 3
>

> 2007/5/31, Robert Denton <ro...@headsprout.com>:
> > Hi folks,  I am looking for some suggestions for good reading
> > material, tutorials, how-tos, advice, discussions, etc, basically
> > anything that will help me do the following next month:
> >
> > We currently are running subversion 1.3 on a windows server, but I
> > would like to move it to a brand new server running RedHat Ent. with
> > the most recent apache (2.2.4) as well as the most recent stable
> > subversion (1.4.3).  I basically need to migrate the entire
> > repositiry to the new installation and so I would like to read up on
> > the pits and traps involved in the following aspects of the migration:
> >
> > 1. moving from a windows based svn to a linux based svn
> > 2. moving from subversion 1.3 to subversion 1.4
> > 3. running svn 1.4 on apache 2.2.4.

About 3. there is a recent discussion thread "Apache 2.2.4 and svn 1.4.3 and
others" that might be of help to you.
http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2007-05/1105.shtml

regards,
-Hari