Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Peter Truskier <pt...@collabria.com> on 2000/08/10 16:13:24 UTC

RE: fop-0_14_0

I'm having a couple of problems with the recently posted version which I
also had with CVS versions a couple of weeks ago:

1. FOP crashes whenever I try to use SVG's, even an unmodifed "extensive.fo"
from the distribution. Here's the output:

FOP-0_14_0
using SAX parser org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
using renderer org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer
using element mapping org.apache.fop.fo.StandardElementMapping
using element mapping org.apache.fop.svg.SVGElementMapping
using property list mapping org.apache.fop.fo.StandardPropertyListMapping
using property list mapping org.apache.fop.svg.SVGPropertyListMapping
building formatting object tree
setting up fonts
formatting FOs into areas
 [1] [2] [3>] [4] [5] [6] [7Exception Occurred:
java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Unimplemented interface method
	at
	at
	at
	at
	at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.Flow.layout(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.fop.fo.pagination.PageSequence.format(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.fop.fo.pagination.Root.format(Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.fop.fo.FOTreeBuilder.format(FOTreeBuilder.java:295)
	at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.format(Driver.java:380)
	at org.apache.fop.apps.CommandLine.main(CommandLine.java:184)
	at
com.apple.mrj.JManager.JMStaticMethodDispatcher.run(JMAWTContextImpl.java)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)

2. Though the generated PDF seems correct, I keep getting errors complaining
about unknown font "Times Roman", for example:

 [1WARNING: defaulted font to any,normal,normal
WARNING: unknown font Times Roman so defaulted font to any
WARNING: defaulted font to any,normal,normal
etc, etc.

I am setting the font property like this (I believe just like in
"fonts.fo"):
<fo:table-cell font-family="Times Roman" font-weight="Bold"
font-size="12pt">, etc.
I've tried "serif" which also seems to work, but FOP still complains...

Any help appreciated.

> Peter Truskier
Collabria, Inc.
2121 South El Camino Real
San Mateo, CA 94403
ptruskier@collabria.com
Tel: 650-522-3261
Fax: 650-522-3301
Cell: 650-208-6752

RE: fop-0_14_0

Posted by Fotis Jannidis <fo...@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>.
From:           	Peter Truskier <pt...@collabria.com>

> I'm having a couple of problems with the recently posted version which I
> also had with CVS versions a couple of weeks ago:

> 1. FOP crashes whenever I try to use SVG's, even an unmodifed "extensive.fo"
> from the distribution. Here's the output:

I think that Keiron mentioned that your error message looks like you
are somehow using an older version of w3c.jar . Maybe you want to
check your classpath?

> Though the generated PDF seems correct, I keep getting errors
> complaining about unknown font "Times Roman"

Could you check whether the examples files also don't work for you?

It seems, you are working on a Mac? Anybody else with problems
on the Mac?

Fotis