Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/04 12:46:18 UTC

Postpone Discovery System tests for CXF-DOSGi

In preparation for a CXF-DOSGi release, I started looking into
re-enabling some discovery roundtrip tests that I never quite finished
some time ago.

The tests currently run within a single OSGi framework where they try
to force going through discovery by specifying service.imported=* on
the ServiceTracker in the client.
There is a problem with this testing approach, however. The remote
discovery code excludes looking in discovery for services coming from
the current framework - by specifying
!(endpoint.framework.uuid=the_current_framework_uuid). I think this is
actually the right behaviour for the discovery code.

So... this kind of functionality can only really properly be tested if
you have multiple frameworks. Unfortunately Pax-Exam currently doesn't
support that, but apparently that's planned for Pax-Exam 2.

Fortunately this functionality is actually already tested by the OSGi
TCK test suites for Remote Services and Remote Service Admin, so we
have coverage there...

Therefore I would like to propose to postpone re-enabling this system
test until we can use Pax-Exam to launch multiple frameworks for us.

Everyone ok with this?

Cheers,

David