Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Emilian Bold <em...@apache.org> on 2017/04/18 06:58:36 UTC

Failed git conversion of community-xml/ NetBeans repository

Hello,

Just a note that I didn't convert community-xml because there is an unnamed
branch in there.

We should either strip that whole branch (which seemed long) or give it a
name.

I didn't investigate this very much because community-xml is a small
repository and quite inactive: no commits whatsoever in 2016.

--emi

Re: Failed git conversion of community-xml/ NetBeans repository

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@apache.org>.
Unlike releases/, I didn't find the repository interesting enough for
me to be worth looking very deep into the commit history in order to
finish the git migration.

It's probably not a lot of work, but as I was cleaning my home folder
I figured I should at least make a public note of my findings.

--emi

Aw: Re: Failed git conversion of community-xml/ NetBeans repository

Posted by Christian Lenz <Ch...@gmx.net>.
Such feature is never really complete. I know what you wanted to say but if you have a look how many bugs there exists for XML, some I created for it, there you can see there is really potential to improve stuff.

Here is a little list: https://netbeans.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__open__&content=open&list_id=1051925&order=changeddate%20DESC%2Cpriority&product=xml&query_based_on=&query_format=specific

Some bugs/feature requests are old for sure and maybe not relevant anymore but last year and this year, some tickets come again.
I created some XML tickets too and I can add you to the CC list if you want.

Regards

Chris

P.s. sometimes it is nice to check some other editors and IDEs to see the features their and compare it so you will see that there is a lot of improvement where someone can work on.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.