Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Raymond Bleach <ra...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/20 02:40:17 UTC

Has anyone had problems using fileupload with Safari?

I am using fileupload to parse attachments.
I used the standard html <input type=�file� � > tag in my form.
Everything works great on IE and Firefox, but when the request comes
from Safari, it fails almost all of the time. It is not always
predictable when it will work but most often it works for the first
attempt after restarting the server's JVM.
The server is running Java 5 in Websphere 5.1. I am using fileupload 1.2
and commons-io 1.3.2
I have attached copies of the http logs from when it works and when it
fails. As you can see, it looks like the client stops sending the http
request because the attempt to read the request times out. On the server
side, I see a SocketException...

This problem occurs regardless of file size and even if Safari is told
to report itself as firefox. This problem has not once occurred with any
of IE 5,6 or 7 or Firefox 1.* and 2.* Firefox on mac works great too.
I get this result with Safari 2 and 3 Beta - including the windows Beta.

I do NOT think this is a problem with FileUpload but I was wondering if
someone had seen this before and could point me towards a solution.

Thanks

Raymond