Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Gross <cg...@chessys.com> on 2001/08/17 17:08:48 UTC

JDBCRealm and SimpleRealm conflicts

I've got a RequestIntercepter and JDBCRealm setup in Tomcat.  I've noticed
that I need to comment out the SimpleRealm intercepter in order for this to
work but I'm not sure why.

My application is going to be a commercial app that I will distribute to
customers and I am concerned that a customer might be using the SimpleRealm
intercepter for another webapp they have and that they won't be able to
comment it out.  Can anyone explain why these two conflict or what I could
do?

Thanks,
chris

Re: JDBCRealm and SimpleRealm conflicts

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
In 3.2, realms are global so it is an either/or choice.  3.3 or 4.0 let
you have realm per virtual host or realm per webapp.

Craig