Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/07 19:08:01 UTC

Re: How to iterate over all the entries of a bundle? [Ignore the earlier email]

2009/6/8 Sahoo <Sa...@sun.com>

> Richard S. Hall wrote:
>
>> First, I am not sure whether that method only returns the bundle content
>> entries...you might need to verify that and create an issue if it is
>> returning fragment entries too.
>>
> I will try that when I have time.
>
>> If I remember correctly, getEntryPaths() works like typing "ls", in that
>> it shows you the contents of the requested directory. Then you need to
>> recurse downward for each subdirectory, which are the names ending with "/".
>>
> That's what the code I sent earlier tries to do.
>
>> If the JAR does not have directory entries, then you will not see them in
>> the output, which will make it difficult to traverse. This is mentioned in
>> the spec.
>>
> This was where I felt the spec was not very clear when I read it. The spec
> does not define what "sub-path" means, does it? In the example jar file,
> there is no directory by name WEB-INF/. Then, how can WEB-INF be the
> sub-path of WEB-INF/web.xml?
>
> Are you saying the jar itself is not a valid? If it is a valid jar, how can
> one iterate over all the entries? An alternative trick is OK with me as
> well.

as I understand it jars without interim directory entries are strictly not
valid according
to the official zip spec - however, most jar handling routines are typically
lenient and
will fill in missing directories where necessary

in this case Felix could detect that there are entries named
"WEB-INF/...etc.." and add
WEB-INF to the entries at the root - I suspect this is what Equinox and
Knopflerfish do

Thanks,
> Sahoo

Cheers, Stuart

Re: How to iterate over all the entries of a bundle? [Ignore the earlier email]

Posted by Sahoo <Sa...@Sun.COM>.
Stuart McCulloch wrote:
> as I understand it jars without interim directory entries are strictly not
> valid according
> to the official zip spec - however, most jar handling routines are typically
> lenient and
> will fill in missing directories where necessary
>
> in this case Felix could detect that there are entries named
> "WEB-INF/...etc.." and add
> WEB-INF to the entries at the root - I suspect this is what Equinox and
> Knopflerfish do

I think this will be a good thing to do in Felix as well. I have filed
an enhancement type bug:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-1210

Thanks,
Sahoo