Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Chris Rousey <cr...@harland.net> on 1999/07/27 23:15:04 UTC

mod_jserv/4781: Apache JServ does not remove name from uninstall after uninstall has completed successfully.

>Number:         4781
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       Apache JServ does not remove name from uninstall after uninstall has completed successfully.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When I uninstall Apache JServ from NT's Add/Remove Programs I receive a message the the uninstall was successful but the name "Apache JServ 1.0b2ap1.3.3" is still listed.  If I try to uninstall again I receive a message the uninstal.log file is not found.  This is obvious since the uninstall the first time was successful.
>How-To-Repeat:
Uninstall JServ 1.0b2 and verify it is still listed in the Add/Remove Programs.
>Fix:
The mindvision application you use to install should allow you to remove the entry from the registry unless this is a bug within the shareware version that you are using.  PS - The Mindvision VISE license screen indicates the distribution of commercial software is prohibited; you might want to check into that before a problem occurs.
[to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]