Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jim Walls <k6...@earthlink.net> on 2003/11/30 20:40:29 UTC

[users@httpd] Converting Apache from Win2K Pro to Win2K Server

Howdy all,
    I am in the process of converting my home network from a Windows
workgroup to a Windows 2000 Server based domain.  So far that is going
fairly smoothly. My Apache web server is currently running under Windows
2000 Professional and I will be moving it to my Windows 2000 Server
based file server.  Other than Win2K Server trying it's best to turn up
an IIS based web site (whether I want it or not), anything I need to
watch out for?  I will also take the opportunity to upgrade from version
2.0.40 to 2.0 48.  I assume I should be able to load the new Apache
(from binaries), and then overwrite the httpd.conf file and the htdocs
directory structure and start it up.  Did I miss anything important?

-------------------------------------
Jim Walls - K6CCC
k6ccc@amsat.org
Ofc:  626-302-8515
http://home.earthlink.net/~k6ccc
AMSAT Member 32537 - WSWSS Member 395

Re: [users@httpd] Converting Apache from Win2K Pro to Win2K Server

Posted by hunter <th...@sympatico.ca>.
On Sun, 2003-11-30 at 14:40, Jim Walls wrote:
> Howdy all,
>     I am in the process of converting my home network from a Windows
> workgroup to a Windows 2000 Server based domain.  So far that is going
> fairly smoothly. My Apache web server is currently running under Windows
> 2000 Professional and I will be moving it to my Windows 2000 Server
> based file server.  Other than Win2K Server trying it's best to turn up
> an IIS based web site (whether I want it or not), anything I need to
> watch out for?  I will also take the opportunity to upgrade from version
> 2.0.40 to 2.0 48.  I assume I should be able to load the new Apache
> (from binaries), and then overwrite the httpd.conf file and the htdocs
> directory structure and start it up.  Did I miss anything important?
>
> -------------------------------------
> Jim Walls - K6CCC
> k6ccc@amsat.org
> Ofc:  626-302-8515
> http://home.earthlink.net/~k6ccc
> AMSAT Member 32537 - WSWSS Member 395

Jim,

I cannot remember the details, nor do I remember the release where it
was stated that the httpd.conf would not change any more. But I think it
was between 2.0.40 and 2.0.48. I think I have been reusing my httpd.conf
since at least 2.0.44 - but I am not absolutely certain.

I suggest that it would be prudent to merge your previous httpd.conf
with the new one in 2.0.48.

Other than that I have not seen any issues with the Windows versions you
metioned.

Chris.