Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by john hager <ro...@inetarena.com> on 2000/10/08 03:56:13 UTC

tomcat4.0 and isapi_redirect.dll ?

it doesn't seem to be ready yet for tomcat4.0, am i right?  also, any clues
on how to get rid of the isapi_redirect.dll issues, that is, no log file is
created, but in win2K event viewer, it shows trouble loading the file, with
the following error ?  i am sure the registry keys are correct (based on
what i've read) And all refs to apj13 have been removed from the conf files.

=========================
The HTTP Filter DLL
D:\tomcat\build\tomcat-4.0\bin\iis\i386\isapi_redirect.dll failed to load.
The data is the error.
=========================

thanks, john.

Re: tomcat4.0 and isapi_redirect.dll ?

Posted by Stuart Thomson <st...@swtsoft.demon.co.uk>.
Do you have an ETA for the Apache connector Craig ?

Posted by kenneth topp <ca...@prodigy.net>.
On Sun, 8 Oct 2000, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

> That is correct.  For Tomcat 4.0, we're building a new webserver
> connector that understands about web applications -- which the current
> MOD_JSERV and MOD_JK modules do not.  The first platform we're
> targeting for delivery of this is Apache, to be followed by the
> others.

Oh.  Can I ask for what reason mod_jk was created?  The reason I ask, is
because I thought it was the future of apache<->tomcat binding, so I would
choose to use it, and work through the bumps.  Or, is there any
recommendation from tomcat-dev which connector we should use?

Thanks,

Kenneth Topp

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.