Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Fang Wei Jian <wj...@csis.hku.hk> on 2001/04/17 07:48:41 UTC

how to debug in cocoon

Dear all,

How to debug in cocoon? are there some doc or info on the web?

Fang

Re: how to debug in cocoon

Posted by Nicolai P Guba <np...@frontwire.com>.
On Tue, 17 Apr 2001 08:13:07 Frans Thamura wrote:
> I try to used system.out.println in every area that I
> want to debug. I use tomcat.
>
> The System.out.println will print the message to the
> console of tomcat.

Hmmm, this sounds rather work-intensive.  Couldn't one do this via XML?
Might make for an interesting feature.  Set a variable, then all debuging
output gets
displayed (syslog or console).  Turn it off an the stuff runs clean.

--
  Nicolai P Guba                          Frontwire Ltd
  Product Director                        Chelsea Reach, 79-89 Lots Road

Re[2]: how to debug in cocoon

Posted by Krzysztof Zielinski <kz...@supermedia.pl>.
Hello Thomas,

TP> Just add the source path (using JBuilder), set a breakpoint, and start
TP> stepping.....
I think that it is a good idea to add JBuilder (or other IDE
environment) project file to Cocoon 1 and Cocoon 2 distribution.
It could help writing source amd finging bugs in Cocoon project.

What is your opinion?

--
Best regards,
 Krzysztof                            mailto:kzielinski@supermedia.pl