Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Felipe Leme <fe...@apache.org> on 2006/04/24 02:45:48 UTC

Cargo jars

Hi all,

I've updated Gump's cargo dependencies to 0.8 and I'm almost sure it
will break Cactus and Jetspeed builds (well, Cargo was already broke,
that's the reason I've changed it :-), so I'm giving you a heads up.

So, what I did was to update release from 0.6 to 0.8 and break the
cargo-package (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/gump/metadata/project/packaged-cargo.xml)
into cargo-package-core and cargo-package-ant (Cargo has been split in
many different jars), change the cargo-0.6.jar to
cargo-core-uberjar-0.8.jar and update cactus and jetspeed xml files to
reflect the change. What I didn't do though was to change something in
order to inform where to get those new jars - what should have I done?
Should I have uploaded then somewhere?

[]s,

-- Felipe

Re: Cargo jars

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
I've uploaded the jars to vmgump (as usual, Helios and Clarus will need to
rsync :).

For packaged projects, about all you can do is to drop a note to
general@gump and hope somebody picks it up.  There isn't currently a way to
have Gump do the dirty work itself.

<wish>
Of course, it would be nice if somebody could figure out why cargo doesn't
build, so we could do away with packaged-cargo-* ;-).
</wish>