Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com> on 2011/11/22 21:48:12 UTC

DISCUSS [was Re: [VOTE] rename callback to cordova]

I don't care what you call the project as long as you do proper due
diligence on the proposed names.

Has a trademark search been conducted?

Where was the discussion that led to this vote held? Apache projects
do everything on the public mailing lists this allows everyone an
opportunity to participate in the decision making process and ensure
all base are covered and all members of the community feel engaged.

Calling a vote on a single name is hardly a vote, it feels more like a
decision already made, or is this something that spilled over from
discussion prior to this list being set up? If so where can I view the
archives of that discussion?

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)

Re: DISCUSS [was Re: [VOTE] rename callback to cordova]

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
I should post here too since I changed the subject.

It seems my search of MarkMail before sending this email was a
demonstration of my, errr...., fallability ;-)

Please ignore my comments and instead see
http://markmail.org/message/vcrw2swiwiwcojsd

Ross

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.
There's another thread you can read w/ extensive discussion about Cordova. [1]

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-callback-dev/201111.mbox/browser

Trademark is open as far as I can see in public searches on the internet.