Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com> on 2015/03/13 17:32:29 UTC

Re: [Microsoft Publisher files]

At 06:31 13/03/2015 -0700, Fred Noname wrote:
>Hi Martin,

This is a surprising salutation, considering that only a minority of
the hundreds of subscribers to the OpenOffice Users list (to which
you wrote) are called Martin.

>I'm hoping that you will assist me. How may I use V. 4.1.1 to open
>.pub files created in Publisher?

This seems to have been the sixth time you have asked this question
recently; you asked previously on 12 January, 16 January, 22 January,
2 February, and 20 February. Each time, you sent your question as if
it were a reply to a previous message, which meant it would be buried
in a previous thread and many list subscribers would not expect it to
be a new question and would not read it. Oh, and each time you didn't
even change the message subject! You have persisted in this, ignoring
helpful advice. Despite this, you have received at least eleven
replies with various helpful suggestions!

The situation has not changed since you received those answers. If
you don't believe them or have questions about them, it would help
you to get further useful advice if you explain what you have tried
and how and why it didn't work. I think you still believe that
OpenOffice will open files in Microsoft Publisher format - despite
people telling you that this is not so.

Brian Barker