Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/03 19:12:56 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Eclipse Plugin 1.2.0

Kevan brought http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html to our
attention the other day in context of geronimo 1.2.  Does the eclipse
plugin release need to be updated as well?

Paul

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
I have used the Copyright plugin before... its mostly usable... best
results if you override the defaults for each type with the exact
text you want.

Wish it was easier to enable the profile for each module, but you
gotta do that by hand.

--jason

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
IDEA's Copyright plugin is handy to process files with or with out a
copyright notice.

There also used to be some other more general tool to manage
headers... but I forget what it was called.

--jason

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 11/3/06, Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes I assume it needs to change.  Jacek can you run your perl script against
> trunk of devtools as well?

Sure. Doing now...

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.jaceklaskowski.pl

Re: [VOTE] Release Eclipse Plugin 1.2.0

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.

On Nov 3, 2006, at 1:12 PM, Paul McMahan wrote:

> Kevan brought http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html to our
> attention the other day in context of geronimo 1.2.  Does the eclipse
> plugin release need to be updated as well?
>
> Paul
>
> On 10/31/06, Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The Eclipse Plugin v1.2.0 is ready for release.  The plugin has
>> been updated
>> and re-written to move away from the WTP Generic Server Framework,
>> and no
>> longer relies on the Generic Server implementation in WTP.  Other
>> bug fixes
>> and feature updates are indicated in the release notes.
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/unstable/g-eclipse-
>> plugin-1.2.0-v200610311117-deployable.zip
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~sppatel/PLUGIN_RELEASE-NOTES-1.2.0.txt
>>
>> The driver requires the 1.5.1 release of WTP and is available for
>> download
>> here...
>>
>> http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/downloads/drops/R1.5/
>> R-1.5.1-200609230508/
>>
>> Note: Unfortunately, we will no longer be able to maintain equal
>> versions
>> between the server and the plugin, as the plugins where
>> incremented from
>> either 1.0.0 or 1.0.1 to 1.1.0 due to the fact that the changes
>> where not
>> "minor".  The feature version was then bumped from 1.1.0 to 1.2.0 to
>> indicate the "non-maintenance" release and thus no longer matches
>> the server
>> version.
>>
>> [+1] Release
>> [0] No opinion
>> [-1] Do not release
>>
>> I'll plan on concluding the vote on Monday, November 6th at 9 AM EDT
>>
>> -sachin

-sachin