Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/14 17:31:24 UTC

[VOTE] Additions to the PMC

Tapestry's PMC has been suffering from absentee-itis, to the point
where only Jesse and I are active on the project and PMC members.
I've updated http://tapestry.apache.org/committers.html with the
current set of active developers.

The lack of a functioning PMC is a problem, since it brings into
question the validity of votes on new committers, new releases, and
new PMC members.  There's only one viable approach ... vote in new PMC
members (and give existing PMC members a kick

I feel the bar to entry to the PMC should be very low, basically, any
committer who has been active on the project for a reasonable period
should be promoted up to PMC level.

At this time, I feel that applies to Andreas Andreou and Marcus Schulte.

I'd like to do a combined vote for the two of them, to run for a
period of seven days.

Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1 (binding)

P.S.  Just want to make sure that all committers are subscribed to the
private@tapestry.apache.org mailing list.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.

Re: [VOTE] Additions to the PMC

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
At the risk of being too forward, is it safe to say congratulations now?  It
looks like 3 PMC (binding) votes were cast and it's been open for well over
72 hours.

--
Kevin

On 12/19/07 2:06 PM, in article
ecd0e3310712191106u71b10463j1566fba3f96f74fa@mail.gmail.com, "Howard Lewis

Re: [VOTE] Additions to the PMC

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Hey! How's it going?

It's good to have an actual PMC member vote as well!

On Dec 19, 2007 8:58 AM, David Solis <ds...@gmail.com> wrote:
> David Solis: +1
>

> On Dec 14, 2007 10:31 AM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Tapestry's PMC has been suffering from absentee-itis, to the point
> > where only Jesse and I are active on the project and PMC members.
> > I've updated http://tapestry.apache.org/committers.html with the
> > current set of active developers.
> >
> > The lack of a functioning PMC is a problem, since it brings into
> > question the validity of votes on new committers, new releases, and
> > new PMC members.  There's only one viable approach ... vote in new PMC
> > members (and give existing PMC members a kick
> >
> > I feel the bar to entry to the PMC should be very low, basically, any
> > committer who has been active on the project for a reasonable period
> > should be promoted up to PMC level.
> >
> > At this time, I feel that applies to Andreas Andreou and Marcus Schulte.
> >
> > I'd like to do a combined vote for the two of them, to run for a
> > period of seven days.
> >
> > Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1 (binding)
> >
> > P.S.  Just want to make sure that all committers are subscribed to the
> > private@tapestry.apache.org mailing list.
> >
> > --
> > Howard M. Lewis Ship
> > TWD Consulting, Inc.
> >
> > Creator Apache Tapestry and Apache HiveMind

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.

Re: [VOTE] Additions to the PMC

Posted by David Solis <ds...@gmail.com>.
David Solis: +1

Re: [VOTE] Additions to the PMC

Posted by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com>.
If my vote matters, I would like to endorse both candidates!
+1

Re: [VOTE] Additions to the PMC

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Additions to the PMC

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

On 12/14/07 11:31 AM, in article
ecd0e3310712140831m79ca6ccejf4c4db6602af0bda@mail.gmail.com, "Howard Lewis

Re: [SUCCESS] Additions to the PMC

Posted by Kevin Menard <km...@servprise.com>.
Awesome.  It's nice to have a functional PMC again.

--
Kevin

On 12/20/07 10:58 PM, in article
ecd0e3310712201958m6c9742c8nb7c9fce9266397dd@mail.gmail.com, "Howard Lewis

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Additions to the PMC

Posted by #Cyrille37# <cy...@gmail.com>.
Howard Lewis Ship a écrit :
> At this time, I feel that applies to Andreas Andreou and Marcus Schulte.
>
> I'd like to do a combined vote for the two of them, to run for a
> period of seven days.

+1 for Andreas and Marcus.

Cyrille.

Re: [VOTE] Additions to the PMC

Posted by Ben Dotte <be...@gmail.com>.
Ben Dotte: +1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] Additions to the PMC

Posted by Davor Hrg <hr...@gmail.com>.
Davor Hrg +1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] Additions to the PMC

Posted by "Filip S. Adamsen" <fs...@fsadev.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Additions to the PMC

Posted by D&J Gredler <dj...@gmail.com>.
Daniel Gredler: +1 (non-binding)

On Dec 14, 2007 11:31 AM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Tapestry's PMC has been suffering from absentee-itis, to the point
> where only Jesse and I are active on the project and PMC members.
> I've updated http://tapestry.apache.org/committers.html with the
> current set of active developers.
>
> The lack of a functioning PMC is a problem, since it brings into
> question the validity of votes on new committers, new releases, and
> new PMC members.  There's only one viable approach ... vote in new PMC
> members (and give existing PMC members a kick
>
> I feel the bar to entry to the PMC should be very low, basically, any
> committer who has been active on the project for a reasonable period
> should be promoted up to PMC level.
>
> At this time, I feel that applies to Andreas Andreou and Marcus Schulte.
>
> I'd like to do a combined vote for the two of them, to run for a
> period of seven days.
>
> Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1 (binding)
>
> P.S.  Just want to make sure that all committers are subscribed to the
> private@tapestry.apache.org mailing list.
>
> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> TWD Consulting, Inc.

Daniel Gredler
http://daniel.gredler.net/

Re: [VOTE] Additions to the PMC

Posted by Paul Ferraro <pm...@columbia.edu>.
Paul Ferraro: +1

Re: [VOTE] Additions to the PMC

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Jesse Kuhnert: +1 (binding)

On Dec 14, 2007 11:31 AM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tapestry's PMC has been suffering from absentee-itis, to the point
> where only Jesse and I are active on the project and PMC members.
> I've updated http://tapestry.apache.org/committers.html with the
> current set of active developers.
>
> The lack of a functioning PMC is a problem, since it brings into
> question the validity of votes on new committers, new releases, and
> new PMC members.  There's only one viable approach ... vote in new PMC
> members (and give existing PMC members a kick
>
> I feel the bar to entry to the PMC should be very low, basically, any
> committer who has been active on the project for a reasonable period
> should be promoted up to PMC level.
>
> At this time, I feel that applies to Andreas Andreou and Marcus Schulte.
>
> I'd like to do a combined vote for the two of them, to run for a
> period of seven days.
>
> Howard M. Lewis Ship: +1 (binding)
>
> P.S.  Just want to make sure that all committers are subscribed to the
> private@tapestry.apache.org mailing list.
>
> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
> TWD Consulting, Inc.

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry / OGNL / Dojo team member/developer