Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Konstantin Gribov <gr...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/19 01:51:55 UTC

Tika Server docker image

Hi, folks.

In context of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-1518 (create
docker image with Tika Server).

There's no Apache docker registry (see INFRA-9035 and INFRA-8441). There's
no docker hub intergration with apache repos, as far as I know. So there's
no way to create some official docker build currently.

Is unofficial image with automated build a reasonable answer to TIKA-1518
since we can't provide official images yet?

--
Best regards,
Konstantin Gribov

Re: Tika Server docker image

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Mon, 19 Jan 2015, Konstantin Gribov wrote:
> There's no Apache docker registry (see INFRA-9035 and INFRA-8441).
> There's no docker hub intergration with apache repos, as far as I know.
> So there's no way to create some official docker build currently.

Your best bet is probably to hop in the infra hipchat, find out what the
approximate worries are, then start working on a proposed solution on
either JIRA or infrastructure-dev@ as appropriate. From reading the two
issues, I don't see it as being something infra will magically just fix in
the next few weeks, in the absense of knowledgeable volunteers helping.

(Contact details at https://www.apache.org/dev/infra-contact)

> Is unofficial image with automated build a reasonable answer to
> TIKA-1518 since we can't provide official images yet?

I don't see why we couldn't hold the build tool/script in svn, but hosting
the generated images would need to be external and somewhat unoffical for
now. Working with Infra is our best bet for getting it all official and
supported!

Nick