Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Basil Hosmer <bh...@macromedia.com> on 2002/10/16 01:30:56 UTC

WSDL2Java: does not understand definitions/types/xsd:simpleType/x sd:list

I'm using WSDL2Java to generate classes from a WSDL description containing the following type definition:

            <xsd:simpleType name="NCNameList">
                <xsd:list itemType="xsd:NCName"/>
            </xsd:simpleType>

This produces a Java class with no accessor at all:

public class NCNameList  implements java.io.Serializable, org.apache.axis.encoding.SimpleType {

    public NCNameList() {
    }

	... equals(), hashcode() ...

    // Type metadata
    private static org.apache.axis.description.TypeDesc typeDesc =
        new org.apache.axis.description.TypeDesc(NCNameList.class);

	... getSerializer(), getDeserializer() ...
}

Looking at the WSDL2Java source, the code that "deserializes" the type declarations, as it were (org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SymbolTable.addTypes() et. al.), appears to make no attempt to process either <xsd:list> or <xsd:union> within <xsd:simpleType>.

Before I went further, I thought I'd ask:

a) is it correct to say that xsd:list and xsd:union are currently unsupported within xsd:simpleType, in the Java-generating part of WSDL2Java?

b) if so, is this by design? or is it on a TODO list somewhere? And if it's on a list, would someone reply with the URL so I can look there and not post questions like this in the future?

Thanks for any info,

Basil