Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ryan Svihla <rs...@foundev.pro> on 2015/01/06 20:07:02 UTC

Re: Question about `nodetool rebuild` finsh

without more information it's hard to say what is the bottleneck. There
could be a great deal of gc traffic, it could be hung (some old streaming
bugs in some older versions of cassandra), it could be the disk io is
falling behind with your compaction of new sstables.

On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 9:00 PM, 李洛 <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,every folks!
> I had meet a problem about adding data center to the exsiting cluster
> where rebuild it.
> When I configured all the new data center, auto_bootstrap:false, seeds,
> endpoint_snitch etc,I run _nodetool rebuild_, I can see there are high
> network traffic on my new data center nodes and _nodetool netstats_ report
> lots of Rebuild SSTable sending to my new nodes. But four days had gone,I
> see the _nodetool rebuild_ process still run in background on my server and
> _nodetool netstats_ still report lots of SSTable sending between two
> datacenter, but there is few network traffic on my new data center nodes.
> I want to konw _how could I konw when the rebuild finsh_.
> Thanks all for your reply.
>
> --
> All the best!
>
> http://luolee.me