Posted to dev@lucy.apache.org by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> on 2011/03/13 20:35:08 UTC

[lucy-dev] Winnow perltidy-related files

Greets,

There are three perltidy-related files in trunk/devel:

    trunk/devel/conf/lucytidyrc
    trunk/devel/bin/lucytidy
    trunk/devel/bin/tidyall

The only one of these that we need to keep is the rc file, which defines the
style for our Perl code.  The others are essentially alternate interfaces to
perltidy which use the same settings and reflect my own idiosyncratic work
habits.  There's no reason to keep them as part of the Lucy project, so I plan
to zap them.

Removing lucytidy and tidyall will also eliminate any potential dependency
licensing concerns regarding usage of the Text::Diff and Perl::Tidy CPAN
modules.

Marvin Humphrey