Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2004/09/18 15:30:49 UTC

t/api/access.t is broken

SMOKE has found that:

t/TEST -v t/api/access2.t t/api/access.t

(both run in the same interpreters)

breaks t/api/access.t

# testing : satisfies
# expected: 2
# received: 0
not ok 5

That's in:

     ok t_cmp $r->satisfies, Apache::SATISFY_NOSPEC, "satisfies";

Any ideas?

I think this was introduced by 2.0.51, or by some recent change on our
side, since I didn't see that problem before.

Re: t/api/access.t is broken

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Stas Bekman wrote:
> SMOKE has found that:
>
> t/TEST -v t/api/access2.t t/api/access.t
>
> (both run in the same interpreters)
>
> breaks t/api/access.t
>
> # testing : satisfies
> # expected: 2
> # received: 0
> not ok 5
>
> That's in:
>
>     ok t_cmp $r->satisfies, Apache::SATISFY_NOSPEC, "satisfies";
>
> Any ideas?
>
> I think this was introduced by 2.0.51, or by some recent change on our
> side, since I didn't see that problem before.

Rici's patch applied by Geoff to httpd-2.0.51-dev fixes this problem.
Thanks Rici and Geoff!

Re: t/api/access.t is broken

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.
On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 09:25:53AM -0400, Geoffrey Young wrote:
> I was able to confirm the breakage in 2.0.51 and that applying the patch to
> APACHE_2_0_BRANCH fixed the issue exposed in the mp2 test suite.
>
> since the patch had sufficient votes to be backported from 2.1 to 2.0 I took
> care of that too to save you a few cycles :)

Thanks, Geoff.

Re: t/api/access.t is broken

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Joe Orton wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 09:38:37PM -0400, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>Joe Orton wrote:
>>
>>>There was a Satisfy merging regression in 2.0.51 which Rici Lake tracked
>>>down, these problems should go away if you apply this patch:
>>>
>>>http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-2.0/server/core.c?r1=1.285&r2=1.286
>>
>>I can't apply this patch on N number users behalf :) 2.0.51 needs to be
>>replaced asap, no?
>

> I know.  Can you confirm it does fix the issues you saw with mod_perl?

I was able to confirm the breakage in 2.0.51 and that applying the patch to
APACHE_2_0_BRANCH fixed the issue exposed in the mp2 test suite.

since the patch had sufficient votes to be backported from 2.1 to 2.0 I took
care of that too to save you a few cycles :)

thanks joe!

--Geoff

Re: t/api/access.t is broken

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Joe Orton wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 09:38:37PM -0400, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>Joe Orton wrote:
>>
>>>There was a Satisfy merging regression in 2.0.51 which Rici Lake tracked
>>>down, these problems should go away if you apply this patch:
>>>
>>>http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-2.0/server/core.c?r1=1.285&r2=1.286
>>
>>I can't apply this patch on N number users behalf :) 2.0.51 needs to be
>>replaced asap, no?
>

> I know.  Can you confirm it does fix the issues you saw with mod_perl?

Rici verified that his patch fixes the problem. I haven't tried to apply
it yet. Let me know if you want me to.

BTW, there aren't mod_perl issues. It's just the modperl test suite has
detected those problem, when trying to run them in random order with t/SMOKE.

Re: t/api/access.t is broken

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.
On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 09:38:37PM -0400, Stas Bekman wrote:
> Joe Orton wrote:
> >There was a Satisfy merging regression in 2.0.51 which Rici Lake tracked
> >down, these problems should go away if you apply this patch:
> >
> >http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-2.0/server/core.c?r1=1.285&r2=1.286
>
> I can't apply this patch on N number users behalf :) 2.0.51 needs to be
> replaced asap, no?

I know.  Can you confirm it does fix the issues you saw with mod_perl?

joe

Re: t/api/access.t is broken

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.

Re: t/api/access.t is broken