Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Ryan J Baxter <rj...@us.ibm.com> on 2012/05/15 22:46:23 UTC

Prefs.getString Escapes Return Values

I have a gadget which has a preference with the value foo's.  When I call
new gadgets.Prefs().getString('myPref'); the value returned to me is
foo&#39;s.  For some reason the getString API escapes the preference value
before returning it.  The spec says nothing about the value being returned
from getString being escaped [1].  Maybe the logic behind this decision
was that the return value would always be placed in the DOM?  If so I
don't think that is always true.  I would rather Shindig not escape the
return value and let the gadget escape the value itself if it is going to
place the value in the DOM.  Anyone opposed to this change?

[1]
http://opensocial-resources.googlecode.com/svn/spec/2.0.1/Core-Gadget.xml#gadgets.Prefs.getString

-Ryan