Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by tp...@twilight.cs.hut.fi on 2006/11/21 22:14:32 UTC

disableProxyCaching

Hi,

I've got problem with disabling proxy caching. This used to work with
context.xml (with 5.0.x) as follows:

<Context>
   <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.BasicAuthenticator"
          disableProxyCaching="false"/>
   <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.FormAuthenticator"
           disableProxyCaching="false"/>
</Context>

However, currently this does not make following headers disappear:

Pragma: No-cache
Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Cache-Control: no-cache
Cache-Control: no-store

I'm using this on Tomcat-5.5.x (5.5.16, 5.5.20 have this behavior). I have
context.xml inside .war file in META-INF/ directory. I'm connecting
directly to tomcat's ssl-connector.

My investigations show that if I put nonsense in the context.xml, the
context won't load (with error talking about the nonsense). Therefore I
conclude that it is using the very context.xml I supply, but the Valve
definitions don't work. But why?

TIA