Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Stijn de Witt <St...@chello.nl> on 2004/03/21 09:54:06 UTC

J2 not based on Turbine, what portability measures should I take

I am developing for Jetspeed 1 at the moment, but I have heard that J2 will not be using Turbine anymore. Things that I can think of that will affect my code are things like RunData parameters being passed around, using the ParameterParser class, and in general, using Turbine code in my code. Can anyone (any developers that are listening in) give me some hints as to what I should look out for in writing future code and making it portable?

What will replace RunData in Jetspeed 2? Will there be a replacement (perhaps backward compatible) for ParameterParser? Are there any docs yet available on Jetspeed 2's design that I might read for an answer?

Thanks for any help,

Stijn