Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Satyam Singh <sa...@ericsson.com> on 2014/08/28 09:00:50 UTC

replication factor in hdfs-site.xml

Hi Users,

I want behaviour for hadoop cluster for writing/reading in following
replication cases:

1. replication=2 and in cluster (3 datatnodes+namenode) one datanode
gets down.
2. replication=2 and in cluster (3 datatnodes+namenode) 2 datanode gets
down.

BR,
Satyam

RE: replication factor in hdfs-site.xml

Posted by "Liu, Yi A" <yi...@intel.com>.
For 1#, since you still have 2 datanodes alive, and the replication is 2, writing  will success.  (Read will success)
For 2#, now you only have 1 datanode, and the replication is 2, then initial writing will success, but later sometime pipeline recovery will fail.

Regards,
Yi Liu