Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by srecko joksimovic <sr...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/22 12:10:56 UTC

Stanbol - index and search

Hi,

I have a few more questions about indexing and searching. I should mention
that I'm using full launcher, with DBPedia  index (bigger version). Among
bundles I have org.apache.stanbol.data.sites.dbpedia which is running, and
org.apache.stanbol.data.registries.default which I have stoped.

When I upload pdf document, everything works fine. Then I tried search page
({host}/contenthub/contenthub/search/featured). From drop down menu *Choose
an ontology* I am able to choose only
org.apache.stanbol.ontologymanager.ontonet.impl.clerezza.ClerezzaOntologyProvider.OntologyToTcMapper,
which is, I suppose, ok because I didn't upload any other ontology. When I
type keyword, I get result, and I am able to find indexed document.

But, when I try {host}/solr/default/contenthub/select?q=text_all:{keyword}
I get an error that text_all is not defined. When I try with text_t, I get
results, but it is case sensitive search with text_t. (I have
probably misunderstood something from your previous explanations)

What I should do to enable (add, define...) text_all? Or whatever is needed
to have case insensitive search...

Best,
Srecko

Re: Stanbol - index and search

Posted by Ali Anil Sinaci <a....@gmail.com>.
BTW, you can look at the fields of your Solr index through a Luke request:

{host}/solr/default/contenthub/admin/luke

Best,
Anil.

Re: Stanbol - index and search

Posted by Ali Anil Sinaci <a....@gmail.com>.
Hi Srecko,

On 03/22/2012 01:10 PM, srecko joksimovic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a few more questions about indexing and searching. I should mention
> that I'm using full launcher, with DBPedia  index (bigger version). Among
> bundles I have org.apache.stanbol.data.sites.dbpedia which is running, and
> org.apache.stanbol.data.registries.default which I have stoped.
>
> When I upload pdf document, everything works fine. Then I tried search page
> ({host}/contenthub/contenthub/search/featured). From drop down menu *Choose
> an ontology* I am able to choose only
> org.apache.stanbol.ontologymanager.ontonet.impl.clerezza.ClerezzaOntologyProvider.OntologyToTcMapper,
> which is, I suppose, ok because I didn't upload any other ontology. When I
> type keyword, I get result, and I am able to find indexed document.
>
> But, when I try {host}/solr/default/contenthub/select?q=text_all:{keyword}
> I get an error that text_all is not defined. When I try with text_t, I get
> results, but it is case sensitive search with text_t. (I have
> probably misunderstood something from your previous explanations)

I renamed "text_all" to "stanbolreserved_text_all". You can search with
{host}/solr/default/contenthub/select?q=stanbolreserved_text_all:{keyword}
(I wrote about this change in my previous e-mail.) The reason behind it
is to keep the consistency in the naming convention in the default Solr
core. All non-dynamic fields start with "stanbolreserved_" keyword now.

I think you manually insert a field (as a constraint) whose name is
"text". If the content of this field is string, then it is indexed and
stored in "text_t". In addition to this, it is also indexed in
"stanbolreserved_text_i" field (not stored). To apply your text based
search on your "text" field, you need to use
{host}/solr/default/contenthub/select?q=stanbolreserved_text_i:{keyword}. If
you like, I can describe the reason behind this.

> What I should do to enable (add, define...) text_all? Or whatever is needed
> to have case insensitive search...
>
> Best,
> Srecko

Best,