Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by heiti kruusmaa <he...@finestmedia.ee> on 2006/07/01 13:15:55 UTC

user interface

hello there

i have a question  about user interface.

sure we can design any kind of user interface we want but do we have
some sort of showcase or screenshots what has been done on user interface?

i am not expert in design and can not very fast to prepare type of
interface that client wants to see. for him it is very important that
user interface has feel and look that he likes. he is looking for
explorer like interface. maybe like shown here:
http://www.compiere.org/product/tour/UsingCompiere1.html

client is about to deside over microsoft navision to use our offered
ofbiz based manufacturing system, he does like how one can work in
navision. sure we can design him interface similar to navision but how
can i very fast to show this kind of interface in my prototype? time
factor is big problem here...

strange how some people choose software...he compared software to
woman...some you want and some you dont siply by looking at them  :))))

maybe any of community members have designed one already?

BTW if we get contract it will result in some contributions to community
in form of cash and result is additional functionality for
manufacturing, that all will be released in open source.

looking forward to communities kind response!

cheers

Heiti

Re: user interface

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Not sure what version you are using, but the current one uses
(relatively) easy XML files to create the User Interface.

I found one thing that User like is giving them Links they can save in
their Bookmarks to get to areas of interest fast without going thru all
the menus .

 From www.ofbiz.org there is a link for a demo site
https://test.opentravelsystem.org/catalog/control/login/main?USERNAME=demoadmin&PASSWORD=ofbiz

supports ERP in manufacturing.
https://demo.opensourcestrategies.com:8445/manufacturing/control/main

another live demo is
http://demo.nereide.biz/website/control/public?idNameHeading=manufacturing
they changed the manufacturing to production.

if you have a laptop you can take it to him with it running on localhost
and do a presentation.

If you have a Webserver, you can generate screenshots, that your can
provide URL's to that he can view.

Lastly you can do screenshots and put them in a PDF or Word document.

heiti kruusmaa sent the following on 7/1/2006 4:15 AM: