Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz <le...@ibnetwork.com.br> on 2004/04/14 23:40:17 UTC

Using specific classloaders for mailets

Hi all.

I'd like to use a specific classloader for one mailet
that should share a singleton with other app running on the same JVM.

For this to work I'm using classworlds to start phoenix/james and jetty.
Both apps mess with the classloader. Is it possible to make a make let
run using a specific classloader ?

This code was extracted from MailetLoader.java. The classloader always
references this.getClass().getClassLoader();

<MailetLoader>
ClassLoader theClassLoader = null;
try {
  MailetConfigImpl configImpl = new MailetConfigImpl();
  configImpl.setMailetName(mailetName);
  configImpl.setConfiguration(configuration);
  configImpl.setMailetContext(context);
  if (theClassLoader == null)
  {
    theClassLoader = this.getClass().getClassLoader();
  }
</MailetLoader>

--
Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz