Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Kristopher Kane <kk...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/01 03:38:21 UTC

Re: A discussion on scripts

>> /usr/bin/accumulo-tserver --config=/etc/accumulo/tserver.conf
>> /usr/bin/accumulo-master --config=/etc/accumulo/master.conf
>>
>> and for the shell
>> /usr/bin/accumulo --config=~/.accumulo/config

In addition, what about a hook into HDFS for calling configurations
from a shared workspace? --config could parse a protocol or assume
local if not in protocol format.

-Kris

Re: A discussion on scripts

Posted by Eric Newton <er...@gmail.com>.
We also read things like default replication levels, maximum
replication, block size, etc.  The HDFS client code does this, at a
minimum, but some Accumulo code does this directly.

-Eric

Re: A discussion on scripts

Posted by John Vines <vi...@apache.org>.

Re: A discussion on scripts

Posted by Christopher Tubbs <ct...@gmail.com>.
It sounds reasonable to me to support an hdfs:// URI for the config
file. I was already thinking about adding support for a config file
that could specify extra libs in HDFS (for iterators, etc.), to
support ACCUMULO-708.