Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1996/06/05 16:13:17 UTC

inetd version disconnects before sending error message (fwd)

not acked.

Looks like inetd is becoming a pain. Are we going to be able to support
it in the long term?

-=-==-

Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 21:53:52 -0700
From: bryanh@giraffe.netgate.net (Bryan Henderson)
To: apache-bugs@apache.org
Subject: inetd version disconnects before sending error message

Apache 1.1b2, Linux 1.2.13

With the inetd version, and not the standalone version, if I send an
invalid request (a nonsense request-line, for example), the TCP
connection terminates before any response is received from Apache.
Valid requests work fine; it's just the non-200 responses (all of
them, as far as I can see) that don't.

Maybe Apache is terminating before it has pushed all the tcp traffic
through?

I have ServerType inetd in httpd.conf.

--
Bryan Henderson                                    Phone 408-227-6803
San Jose, California

----- End of forwarded message from Bryan Henderson -----

--
Rob Hartill (robh@imdb.com)