Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Tung Nguyen <be...@yahoo.com> on 2007/10/23 22:19:21 UTC

Does Hadoop work with Network File Systems?

Hi,
  I am new to Hadoop. I downloaded and unzipped Hadoop to NFS (not in administrator's role). When I tried to run it using distributed configuration, it showed: "... no datanotes" although I put some host in the slaves file.
  Thanks

http://mail.yahoo.com

RE: Does Hadoop work with Network File Systems?

Posted by Tung Nguyen <be...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
  when I tried "bin/hadoop jar hadoop-0.14.2-examples.jar grep input
 output 'dfs[a-z.]+'", I received:
  "put: java.io.IOException: Failed to create file
 /user/dx1908/input/hadoop-default.xml on client 127.0.0.1 because this cluster has no
 datanodes."
Anyway, I tried to send my logs directory but the mail server rejected. Therefore, I only copy hadoop-datanote.log here:
  2007-10-23 20:37:11,356 INFO org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DataNode: STARTUP_MSG:
/************************************************************
STARTUP_MSG: Starting DataNode
STARTUP_MSG:   host = lab314pc1/127.0.0.1
STARTUP_MSG:   args = []
2007-10-23 20:37:11,609 INFO org.apache.hadoop.metrics.jvm.JvmMetrics: Initializing JVM Metrics with processName=DataNode, sessionId=null
2007-10-23 20:37:11,955 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DataNode: org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: java.io.IOException: java.lang.ClassFormatError: Illegal class modifiers in class org/apache/hadoop/package-info: 0x1600
 at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
 at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
 at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
 at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:268)
 at java.lang.Package.getPackageInfo(Package.java:350)
 at java.lang.Package.getAnnotation(Package.java:361)
 at org.apache.hadoop.util.VersionInfo.<clinit>(VersionInfo.java:33)
 at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.Storage.getBuildVersion(Storage.java:525)
 at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.NamespaceInfo.<init>(NamespaceInfo.java:46)
 at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.FSNamesystem.getNamespaceInfo(FSNamesystem.java:323)
 at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.NameNode.versionRequest(NameNode.java:684)
 at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:566)
 at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.$Proxy0.versionRequest(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DataNode.handshake(DataNode.java:294)
 at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DataNode.startDataNode(DataNode.java:238)
 at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DataNode.<init>(DataNode.java:206)
 at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DataNode.makeInstance(DataNode.java:1391)
 at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DataNode.run(DataNode.java:1335)
 at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DataNode.createDataNode(DataNode.java:1356)
 at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DataNode.main(DataNode.java:1525)
  2007-10-23 20:37:11,959 INFO org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DataNode: SHUTDOWN_MSG:
SHUTDOWN_MSG: Shutting down DataNode at lab314pc1/127.0.0.1

edward yoon <we...@udanax.org> wrote:

If you show me your log, i can pinpoint your problem pretty quickly.

----
B. Regards,
Edward yoon (Assistant Manager/R&D Center/NHN, corp.)
+82-31-600-6183, +82-10-7149-7856
http://www.udanax.org

Posted by edward yoon <we...@udanax.org>.