Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Francesco Mari <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/18 16:35:49 UTC

Missing dependencies in Apache Snapshots Repo

Hi,

I tried to build Maven from scratch. I have the following error when
building Maven Aether Provider 3.1.-SNAPSHOT:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project maven-aether-provider: Could
not resolve dependencies for project
org.apache.maven:maven-aether-provider:jar:3.1-SNAPSHOT: The following
artifacts could not be resolved:
org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-provider-api:jar:2.4-SNAPSHOT,
org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-file:jar:2.4-SNAPSHOT: Could not find
artifact org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-provider-api:jar:2.4-SNAPSHOT in
apache-snapshots
(http://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots) -> [Help 1]

It seems that there are no artifact for these dependencies. I've also
checked version 2.5-SNAPSHOT and they have the same issues (no
artifacts deployed).

I guess there's no way for me to fix it, right?

Re: Missing dependencies in Apache Snapshots Repo

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven.git;a=blob_plain;f=pom.xml;hb=master
so already the case since 7 days:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven.git;a=commit;h=40ecab772cfd5412d0b5464abec8a477bbdea8c3

you need to update your git clone.

2013/2/18 Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>:
> Those artifacts have been released (v2.4), so we need to update out poms.
> Until then you can do that yourself locally.
>
> /Anders
>

> On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 4:35 PM, Francesco Mari <ma...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I tried to build Maven from scratch. I have the following error when
>> building Maven Aether Provider 3.1.-SNAPSHOT:
>>
>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project maven-aether-provider: Could
>> not resolve dependencies for project
>> org.apache.maven:maven-aether-provider:jar:3.1-SNAPSHOT: The following
>> artifacts could not be resolved:
>> org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-provider-api:jar:2.4-SNAPSHOT,
>> org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-file:jar:2.4-SNAPSHOT: Could not find
>> artifact org.apache.maven.wagon:wagon-provider-api:jar:2.4-SNAPSHOT in
>> apache-snapshots
>> (http://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots) -> [Help 1]
>>
>> It seems that there are no artifact for these dependencies. I've also
>> checked version 2.5-SNAPSHOT and they have the same issues (no
>> artifacts deployed).
>>
>> I guess there's no way for me to fix it, right?

Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com

Re: Missing dependencies in Apache Snapshots Repo

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2013/2/18 Francesco Mari <ma...@gmail.com>:
> Maybe the question is a little bit off-topic, but what's the point in
> having a mirror on GitHub if you switched to your own git? Do you have
> any plan for those mirrors?
You can use pull requests to send patches.
I have no idea why github mirror is not up2date It looks to be a
temporary issue.
infra issue created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-5873

Posted by Francesco Mari <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Francesco Mari <ma...@gmail.com>.