Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Silas Snider <sw...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/09 08:59:22 UTC

[Digester] Question about ports

Dear List:
	I was getting fed up with the lack of digester in python, so I ported
it over. It's in testing right now, but I wanted to know if you knew of
a place for this kind of project (does apache do this, or a different
organization?)

Sincerely,
Silas Snider

RE: [Digester] Question about ports

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
I wasn't aware that (again, I'm somewhat of a newbie) there had to be a
board member for each TLP within Apache.  Of course, I didn't realize that
all projects within Apache XML are TLPs.  If XML itself were a TLP with each
project within it merely being a subproject (a la Jakarta), then I would say
that Digester (or DigesterJ) should be a subproject of it.  But, if it's
structured as you say it is, then maybe you're right.  The way I would see
the hierarchy would be:

Apache -> XML -> Digester -> different flavors (perl, ruby, Java, python,
etc.).

So, Digester (as a concept; like logging) would be a subproject within XML
(not a TLP), since it's XML-specific.

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Just make sure you use the apache license!  I think the idea/concept of

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.
[Aargh - I hate top-posting!]

[...]

As I mentioned earlier, there is already an attempt to port this to ruby
at:
  http://rubyforge.org/projects/xmldigester/

Regards,

Simon