Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Liu Yuan <li...@fastmail.com> on 2021/05/08 02:40:27 UTC

A Simple Research Study about Configuration Types

Dear Sir or Madam,

Hello, I'm a Ph.D. student focusing on software configuration research.

Our group is working on how to identify configuration types of software. In this context, a configuration type refers to a Java type (class, interface, or enumeration type) that is used to manage configuration options or configuration methods. To investigate the characteristics of the configuration types, we manually identified the configuration types of Apache ZooKeeper (V3.6.2). The results are shown below.

org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.auth.QuorumAuth: manages configuration options.
org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.QuorumPeerConfig: manages configuration options and methods.
org.apache.zookeeper.common.ZKConfig: manages configuration options and methods.
org.apache.zookeeper.client.ZKClientConfig: manages configuration options and methods.
org.apache.zookeeper.server.ServerConfig: manages configuration methods.
org.apache.zookeeper.server.quorum.flexible.QuorumHierarchical: manages configuration methods.

In order to increase the reliability of the research results, we need experts to confirm the above results. Could you please help us? Thank you for your time and cooperation!

Best,
Yuan Liu