Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jeff Turner <je...@socialchange.net.au> on 2001/04/22 11:15:27 UTC

[tc3.3] configuring logging

Hi,

I have a few questions about Tomcat3.3 server.xml configuration, and
logging in particular.

First, is there *any* documentation of the various server.xml tags? A
DTD perhaps? One of the nicest things about tc4.0 is how clean and
obvious server.xml has become. By contrast, 3.3 is a mess, littered with
references to Interceptors, and odd tags like: <SessionExpirer
checkInterval="60" />.

Second, is there any magic tag that will let me log stderr and stdout to
a file?

Third (and this may be a bug), what happens to log() messages within
JSPs? If I have a JSP:

<% log("This is logged with log()"); %>

and run it, the output doesn't appear in logs/*, or on stdout/stderr..
is it being lost?

thanks,

--Jeff