Posted to dev@deltaspike.apache.org by Dev Khadka <de...@syntechnepal.com> on 2013/04/07 19:08:20 UTC

When Can I expect DeltaSpike to be production ready?

I have been using seam 3 on my CDI based project.  Now as Redhat has
officially  halted development of seam 3, I do not want to continue with
seam 3 further and migrate it to DS.  Here are few of my questions?

  * Is it production ready now? ( I know there is not  exactly yes/no
    answer, Please vote in terms of range[1-10], 10 being more stable
    and production ready)
  * How much time will it take  for incubation process.
  * When can I expect 1.0.0-Final ?

Thank you.
Dev Khadka

Re: When Can I expect DeltaSpike to be production ready?

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi khadka,

#1 several projects use deltaspike in production already
#2 the graduation vote (at general incubator) passed already [1]
#3 it depends on the activity of the whole community (there is no fixed
schedule, however, we hope to get v1 soon)

regards,
gerhard

[1] http://s.apache.org/Qun

Posted by Nicklas Karlsson <ni...@gmail.com>.
A general word on "production ready", as you said it's not easily defined.
There are stuff from Seam 3 that are not yet available but I would say what
is there works. Personally, I don't care that much about version numbering
- if I bring in a new library I will have to test it. If it works, it works
and it I call it production ready. And in most cases the code and APIs in a
framework have had much more peer review that my own code has has (which I
also put into production).

--
Nicklas Karlsson, +358 40 5062266
Vaakunatie 10 as 7, 20780 Kaarina