Posted to client-dev@cassandra.apache.org by Brian Miles <se...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/12 05:33:27 UTC

timestamp and timeuuid strangeness

Hello,

I'm seeing strange things when storing both timestamp and timeuuid columns
from the C API using prepared statements.  For example, I have some data
starting at 1/1/1981.  The unix timestamp for this is 347173200, which I
can get out of my table as follows:

> select UNIXTIMESTAMPOF(date) from variables_by_date_patch limit 1;

 UNIXTIMESTAMPOF(date)
-----------------------
             347173200

However, when looking at the same data as a date:

> select DATEOF(date) from variables_by_date_patch limit 1;

 DATEOF(date)
--------------------------
 1970-01-04 19:26:13-0500

My table is defined as:

> describe table variables_by_date_patch;

CREATE TABLE variables_by_date_patch (
    variable text,
    date timeuuid,
    patchid text,
    value double,
    PRIMARY KEY (variable, date, patchid)
) WITH CLUSTERING ORDER BY (date ASC, patchid ASC)

I'm using Cassandra 2.1.5 running on Debian 7.  The data were written using
the latest version of the C API (
https://github.com/datastax/cpp-driver/commit/3310ab178d1188d5e85c03964247667be6db520c
).

Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

Re: timestamp and timeuuid strangeness

Posted by Alex Popescu <al...@datastax.com>.
On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 8:33 PM, Brian Miles <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using Cassandra 2.1.5 running on Debian 7.  The data were written using
> the latest version of the C API

Have you posted this question to the C/C++ driver mailing list?

https://groups.google.com/a/lists.datastax.com/forum/#!forum/cpp-driver-user

--
Bests,

Alex Popescu | @al3xandru