Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by di...@the-ecorp.com on 2001/06/08 17:03:37 UTC

ACL first patchset

Time to sync with the main codebase...

If you apply these patches you will be able to display the ACL from the
command line tool
and grant new privileges.

There are some issues with the AclMethod (not all principal/privileges are
supported)
and strange things are happening when you update the root node. Also the +
sign from groupnode
should be translated somewhere.

But for the rest it works :-)

mkdir test
acl test
grant all on test to /users/dirk
acl test

Have fun
Dirk

Re: ACL first patchset

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> Time to sync with the main codebase...
>
> If you apply these patches you will be able to display the ACL from the
> command line tool
> and grant new privileges.
>
> There are some issues with the AclMethod (not all principal/privileges are
> supported)
>
> and strange things are happening when you update the root node. Also the +
> sign from groupnode
> should be translated somewhere.

No need to do it, as I'll remove it when I rewrite the security checking
algorithm. I wanted to try using that trick since it saves some store
accesses, but it turns out it's a hack which causes more problems than what
it solves.

> But for the rest it works :-)

Great !

> mkdir test