Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Chuck Murcko <ch...@telebase.com> on 1996/07/25 18:55:02 UTC

Re: Apache mod_proxy question

Hi Brian. I believe this is a bug in the Apache proxy, and I'll have to
look into this further. I wouldn't replace CERN yet; the Apache proxy is
still considered 'beyond experimental' by the development team. I'm hoping
to get enough functionality to actually be a CERN replacement into one
of the ongoing 1.1.x releases. Thanks for your report.

BTW, you do have the cache enabled, don't you?

blong@ascc01.ascc.lucent.com liltingly intones:

> I'm sorry to bother you with a question about the new proxy module for Apache,
> but I don't know who else to contact.  I have the following two lines in my
> httpd.conf:
>
> ProxyRequests On
> ProxyRemote http http://ascc.proxy.lucent.com:8000/
>
> My current web server (CERN) points to the same proxy address, yet when I run
> Apache in place of CERN, I get "Document contains no data" every time I try to
> access an offsite document.  I would like to be able to replace CERN with
> Apache, but I can't get the ProxyRemote directive to function properly.  If you
> have any ideas I could use, I'd sure appreciate them.

chuck
And now, on a lighter note:
Klein bottle for rent -- inquire within.