Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Daniel Sun <re...@hotmail.com> on 2017/04/09 17:47:53 UTC

The new annotation Groovydoc for Groovy 3

Hi all,

      The new annotation Groovydoc has been added in the parrot branch, it
can hold groovydoc even at runtime.

      The usage is very simple, just add @Groovydoc at the beginning of the
content of groovydoc, then the Parrot parser will attach Groovydoc
annotation to the target element, the value of the annotation is the content
of groovydoc.

       Here is an example:
https://github.com/danielsun1106/groovy-parser/blob/4345a4d1d692089db2fc04b9a92ca07b11975555/src/test/resources/core/Groovydoc_01x.groovy

       The related commit is:
https://github.com/apache/groovy/commit/0169177ceb3ecd54a27820e814990b76b6584062

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun

Re: The new annotation Groovydoc for Groovy 3

Posted by Mario Garcia <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the pointer! I'll take a look at it

Mario

Posted by Mario Garcia <ma...@gmail.com>.
Very interesting Dani.

Although I can think myself a couple of use cases for this, I'm intrigued,
where did this come from ? What was the scenario you had in mind ?

On 10 Apr 2017 02:26, "Daniel Sun" <re...@hotmail.com> wrote:

We can call it "Runtime Groovydoc".

Re: The new annotation Groovydoc for Groovy 3

Posted by Daniel Sun <re...@hotmail.com>.
We can call it "Runtime Groovydoc".