Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Chris K Wensel <ch...@wensel.net> on 2008/03/28 18:00:15 UTC

EC2 contrib scripts

Hey all

I pushed up a patch (and tar) for the ec2 contrib scripts that provide
support instance sizes, new zen kernels, availability zones,
concurrent clusters, resizing, ganglia, etc.

the patch can be found here:

I use these daily, but it is likely wise for others to give them a
shot to make sure they work for someone besides me.

Since I can't publish to the hadoop-images bucket, you will need to
build your own image stored in your own bucket. This only takes a few
minutes.

Feedback against the JIRA issue is best.

cheers,
ckw

Chris K Wensel
chris@wensel.net
http://chris.wensel.net/
http://www.cascading.org/

Re: EC2 contrib scripts

Posted by Chris K Wensel <ch...@wensel.net>.
make that xen kernels..

btw, they scale much better (see previous post) under heavy load. So
now instead of timeouts and dropped connections, jvm instances exit
prematurely. unsure of the cause of this just yet. but its so few, the
impact is negligible.

ckw

On Mar 28, 2008, at 10:00 AM, Chris K Wensel wrote:
> Hey all
>
> I pushed up a patch (and tar) for the ec2 contrib scripts that
> provide support instance sizes, new zen kernels, availability zones,
> concurrent clusters, resizing, ganglia, etc.
>
> the patch can be found here:
>
> I use these daily, but it is likely wise for others to give them a
> shot to make sure they work for someone besides me.
>
> Since I can't publish to the hadoop-images bucket, you will need to
> build your own image stored in your own bucket. This only takes a
> few minutes.
>
> Feedback against the JIRA issue is best.
>
> cheers,
> ckw
>
> Chris K Wensel
> chris@wensel.net