Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by "Yampolsky, Robert" <ry...@harris.com> on 2005/06/30 22:50:00 UTC

SOAPAction or URL to locate service?

I'm having trouble debugging a remote client accessing my service.  The
local client I built with Axis C++ works fine.  The remote client gets
the following soapfault:

SOAP-ENV:Client Requested service is not registerd at the server server
name:listen port AxisWsddException:Requested service not found

The client I'm testing with is the generic client at
http://www.soapclient.com/soaptest.html, which generates code on the fly
from my wsdl.

Anyway, the code that looks up the service seems to run, and tracing
through it, I see it attempting to locate the HUB_TO_HUB service (which
it's presumably extracted successfully from the HTTP header) in the list
of deployed services (and it's there).  But for the remote client, it
doesn't find HUB_TO_HUB in the list and gives up there.

So, my question is this.  Is there anything else used to locate the
service other than the URL or SOAPAction?  For example, could the
charset setting affect the way the WSDDDeployment service map compares
the service names?  Could extra fields in the header be messing me up?
Or the order of the fields?

Here's a dump of the header I receive when I run my AxisCPP client (this
works):

POST /axis/HUB_TO_HUB HTTP/1.1
Host: localhost:80

Here's the header I receive from the remote client (this gets the
'serice not registerd' soapfault):

POST /axis/HUB_T0_HUB HTTP/1.0

Do you see anything in the second header that could affect the ability
to locate the HUB_TO_HUB service?  Or by the time axis attempts to look
up the service, has it already tried to parse the SOAP so that the real
problem could be in the SOAP Envelope or Body?

Thanks,

R o b   Y a m p o l s k y
Harris Corporation, BCD
(212) 303 4250

Re: SOAPAction or URL to locate service?

Posted by krishna <kr...@lac.uic.edu>.
Hi Robert

The Axis server requires your SOAPAction to be in the format
"HUB_TO_HUB#HUB_Request"
Could you check whether your remote client has the SOAPAction set that way?

The SOAP-Request of the failing remote client would settle the doubts.

Cheers
Krishna