Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ross Allard <Ro...@sas.com> on 2008/02/08 17:49:18 UTC

multidimension array parameter

I've got a service method declared:

Object setData(String entityKey, double xvalues[][],
                        double yvalues[], SpmDataTransferElement xelement[], SpmDataTransferElement yelement)
                        throws Exception

The wsdl, however, doesn't seem to acknowledge the 2 dimensional array:

<-<http://d16489:8080/SASScorecard/services/MultipleLinearRegressionPlugin?wsdl> <xs:element name="setData">
<-<http://d16489:8080/SASScorecard/services/MultipleLinearRegressionPlugin?wsdl> <xs:complexType>
<-<http://d16489:8080/SASScorecard/services/MultipleLinearRegressionPlugin?wsdl> <xs:sequence>
<  <xs:element minOccurs="0" name="entityKey" nillable="true" type="xs:string" />
<  <xs:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="xvalues" type="xs:double" />
<  <xs:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="yvalues" type="xs:double" />
<  <xs:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="xelement" nillable="true" type="ns0:SpmDataTransferElement" />
<  <xs:element minOccurs="0" name="yelement" nillable="true" type="ns0:SpmDataTransferElement" />
  </xs:sequence>
  </xs:complexType>
  </xs:element>

Does axis2 support multidimensional array parameters?   I could find no reference that it doesn't.

Thanks
Ross

RE: multidimension array parameter

Posted by Ross Allard <Ro...@sas.com>.
I've still struggling with this.   I've tried using Java collections and java Double.  I've even tried my own simple class thinking that perhaps Double wasn't supported.  But I then tried some tests showing Double was supported.   However in no scenario was a second dimension supported.

Here are the message definitions I'm using with the service.

<messageReceivers>
        <messageReceiver mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-only"
                         class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCInOnlyMessageReceiver"/>
        <messageReceiver mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out"
                         class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCMessageReceiver"/>
</messageReceivers>

Do I need to create some custom data binding? I'd really like to avoid turning the matrix into an xml document and parsing on the server.   Any help would be appreciate, if only to say what I'm trying to do can't be done.

I do notice that the wsdl generated by axis xmlschema types.  Is is even possible in XmlSchema to represent a multidimension array?

Thanks,

Ross

Object setData(String entityKey, double xvalues[][],
                        double yvalues[], SpmDataTransferElement xelement[], SpmDataTransferElement yelement)
                        throws Exception

The wsdl, however, doesn't seem to acknowledge the 2 dimensional array:

<xs:element name="setData">
<xs:complexType>