Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org> on 2018/08/18 10:28:12 UTC

Re: OFBiz CRM for ASF Fundraising Team

Hi Sharan,

How did the call with Daniel go? Did you make any progress?

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

Apache Trafodion <https://trafodion.apache.org>, Vice President
Apache Directory <https://directory.apache.org>, PMC Member
Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org>, contributor since 2008

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.
You're absolutely right, and the distinction between the two is a fine and
shifting line from organisation to organisation. And of course, there is a
lot of overlap.

And we have that also in OFBiz. We have CRM/SFA functionalities in
- Accounting (e.g. the AR functions and Agreements),
- Party (e.g. the financial overview, shopping lists, contact lists),
- Order (Orders, Quotes, Requests, Requirements, etc.),
- Product (the Catalog web-app: agreements, Orders, Communications; in the
Facility web-app: agreements),
- and of course in Marketing (both  the SFA web-app and the Marketing
web-app).

And the same can be said for SRM.

It seems we like OFBiz (OOTB) that way, though whatever implication it may
have down the line (adoption wise, maintenance wise for both code and
documentation, community-growth wise).

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

Apache Trafodion <https://trafodion.apache.org>, Vice President
Apache Directory <https://directory.apache.org>, PMC Member
*Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org>, contributor (without privileges)
since 2008*

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi Pierre

Sorry for the late response on this!

Daniel says that he isn't in any rush to get a solution in place and so wants to take the time to make sure what they implement is going to be the right solution. I think he is also getting sent links to other CRM software that other people have used and have recommended. He needs to spend some time deciding and defining what is needed and how it will be used.

One important thing I wanted to mention  is that Daniel went to our OFBiz demo to take a look at our CRM module before we chatted ..... and couldn't find it! (In the end I had to show him where to look and tell him what it was called.)