Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/05 15:50:29 UTC

Re: h:head and h:body in JSF 2.0 and javax.faces.ViewRoot

Roger Kitain schrieb:
> Hi Ganesh-
>
> I'll take a look at this...  that dev/null guy was on vacation ;-)

I thought he quit his job, and works now at the Microsoft support?
  ;-)

Werner

Re: h:head and h:body in JSF 2.0 and javax.faces.ViewRoot

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
Ok to finish this task now.
As it seems we probably need a small parsing step anyway
After all we can only replace everything within the html tags.
A full viewRoot rendering probably will default to

<![CDATA[
    Then the entire html code
]]>

Am I right, I need here more insight since I did not work on that
level on the java side. Simon you might know more about it?
Do we render the outer html tags as well or in case of a ppr viewroot
update do we render just the plain content omitting <html />?

So what we have to do is to strip code out of the html tags
and to replace our entire content with the new code? This should not
impact performance!

Anyway, I have modified my mini parser to exactly deal with this
and still be able to handle comments doc definitions outside of the html
area.
I will commit it tomorrow. If we dont need it we still can drop it
by commenting out one line!