Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com> on 2001/10/13 14:54:23 UTC

Bay block working with Tomcat 4.0.1 Beta 1

I've committed changes to get Bay working again with the latest released
Catalina.

Problems :

1) JSP does not work.  Catalina's WebappClassLoader is barfing wen it
can't find JSPServlet or dependancies (could be tools.jar).  I've poked
around a little but not managed to get it working.
2) Still no useful exposed interface for adding hosts or webapps.
3) Servlet.jar still needs to be copied to phoenix/libs.  This is
because (I think) of a shortcutted access to the primordial classloader
which works for the way they boot, but not for our wrapped solution.
4) Because of classloading issues I am still using a reflection delagate
to invoke Catalina methods.  I might try to persuade the Tomcat team to
seperate their excellent interfaces from the implementations (this would
mean a new package "api" or "interfaces" and a second jar).

Regards,

- Paul H