Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Andreas Zocher <an...@students.unibe.ch> on 2006/07/04 15:21:23 UTC

Does Forrest 07 run on libgcj?

Hi,

i use the GCJ runtime libgcj on a fedora 5 maschine and i would like to
run forrest 0.7.

Without JRE Forrest says:
---
$ forrest -projecthelp
Apache Forrest.  Run 'forrest -projecthelp' to list options

Unable to locate tools.jar. Expected to find it
in /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.4.2-gcj-1.4.2.0/lib/tools.jar
---

Do I have to replace libgcj by SUN's JRE 1.5?

Or where can I get this tools jar?

Thank you.

Andreas

Re: Does Forrest 07 run on libgcj?

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Andreas Zocher wrote:
> So I installed java-1.4.2-gcj-compat-devel-... and the forrest is
> turning green on Fedora Linux.

Excellent. Thanks for the follow up.

Ross

Re: Does Forrest 07 run on libgcj?

Posted by Andreas Zocher <an...@students.unibe.ch>.
libgcj is the GNU Java runtime and java-gcj-compat is a set of wrappers
and links (and eclipse is the Java compiler) that comes with Fedora
Linux. JPackage is Project, that offers different Java environments.

The JPackage Run Time Packages for GCJ (JRE) doesn't include a
tools.jar-like class. "JPackage development scripts for GCJ" (SDK)
contains these tools.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.